Pages

Wednesday 12 October 2016

5 To Try #2

I hope you enjoyed my previous '5 To Try' I certainly enjoyed sharing them with you! This time round I have some new ones for you! 






NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream
I have heard, read and seen so many reviews on these but I was never able to get my hands on some until this weekend when I walked into Boots. instantly fell in love with the pigmentation, the wand and the colour variation they had. They are very creamy and apply on softly the only down side is the application process can be a bit patchy however, as it doesn't dry out quickly like my Kat Von D one its easy to make it even. It's long-lasting and stays matte for a whole day that I only need to re-apply once or twice. For the price and quality they are good enough for me and I will definitely try to get my hands on some more.



Real Techniques Wash Set

There are a lot of ways that you can wash your make up brushes, either with your hand, investing in the ultimate brush cleanser or simply mixing your shampoo with a hint of oil hoping for the best. I have washed my brushes with my hands and bowl full of shampoo for a while as I really didn't see the point in buying a glove with designated bumps for specific brushes as I don't even have that many. Until one day, walking in the aisles of Superdrug I saw that Real Techniques have finally come out with their own product to get brushes squeaky clean! This product is the ideal wash set if you don't have many brushes and if you don't want to spend over $50 on an expensive glove. It gets the job done, it's easy to clean and dry, it doesn't take up a lot of space and it's changed the way I clean my brushes! 



Jo Malone Peony and Blush Suede
If you like floral, fruity scents like I do, then this is for you. I absolutely love the fresh scent to this, it's young and flirty but not the smell isn't too overpowering. The good thing about the Jo Malone colognes is that you can buy the travel size of the same perfume which is great to put in your make up bag, if not, you can always buy the big bottle. I find the best way to make my perfume last is to apply on top of an unscented cream and let it dry before dressing myself. I always get so many compliments when I wear this but since being pregnant, the smell has gotten a bit too strong for me that it gave me headaches so I treated myself to another scent - I'll have to report back on this one ;)
If you're in the mood to treat yourself to a new perfume then Jo Malone has scents to suit everybody and anybody!



Garnier Miracle Wake Up Cream
I have been using this for over a month and I absolutely love it. It works great as a primer as the consistency is quite rubbery but also good enough to moisturise. The only problem I found is that because of the rubbery texture too much blending turns the cream into small tiny pieces so the best way I found in using it is to apply it gently across my face. I also found that it doesn't make me as oily as other moisturisers do so that's a definite plus in my books. 



Garnier Olive Body Butter
Great if you love a cream that's not too strong in smell, that dries quick and moisturises evenly. It's worked perfectly for me especially since being pregnant as it means that the olive oil ingredient in the cream allows me to keep my bump moisturised for a long time. It also has a pump which i love as it means I don't have to smack the cream onto my hand, however, when you're reaching the end of the bottle it gets really difficult to use the pump which means you have to unscrew it and scrape the remaining off with the stick - not great when you're in a rush. 



xo
SHARE:
© Karla Andrea. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig