Pages

Thursday 7 January 2016

The Review: The Body Shop Advent Calendar

Hi guys!

I know Christmas is over but I wanted to start on something that definitely impressed me during the season. The normal way to count down to Christmas day is with chocolates, however, two years ago I came across the wonderful world of beauty advent calendars on YouTube. I have since wanted one and this year my lovely husband treated me to one!

First impressions: 
- The presentation is really pretty, its kind of simple but what makes it stand out a lot is the big red bow. I didn't want to open it at first because it looked so perfect haha. 
- Big and heavy which meant they would have reasonable sized goodies.
- I wasn't too fond of the green colour but I guess green is a Christmas colour so... meh.
- It smelt amazing! 






What you get:
- The box consists of 24 boxes plus a cheeky box for Christmas Day! 
- Most of the gifts are sample sizes and these are good for me since I hate having to pour my face cream, body cream and any other cream into those small travel containers. 
- They had four beauty products an eyeliner, Italian Summer Fig eau de toilette, eyelash curler, lip balms and a full size red nail polish. I love nail polish and I love the body shop nail polish since it dries quick, one coat can be enough and the formula in general is one of my favourites. 
- I've heard and read reviews on the Body Shop Vitamin E range so I was excited to see they had included some samples of the toner, day cream and night cream. I'm going to finish off my current creams so I can give you a full on honest review on their Vitamin E range so be on the look out for that!
- You get A LOT of body creams and shower gels which I love since they're so easy to take with you if you travel often. 






Is it worth it?:
Well... after opening 25 boxes, trying and loving some of their products and seeing reviews on other advent calendars I think it definitely is worth the money. I know many of the things I got will last me a while which is great but one of the things that I loved about Body Shop Advent Calendar was the fact that every box had a little motivational quote, which I thought was a nice little touch. 

I definitely recommend this advent calendar to anyone who loves skin care, body care, beauty and the Body Shop! Would you get a beauty advent calendar this 2016? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I'm taking a turn on my blog and making it into something I have always wanted to do for such a long time but because I was always nervous and worried about what people would think I decided to put it off but now I overcame my fear, forgot about everyone else's opinion and decided to go for it!

x
SHARE:
© Karla Andrea. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig